Sunday, April 27, 2014

Value of First Year Composition Courses by SG

First year College Composition Courses are usually stepping stones to help you become a person who knows the basics to write well. Most Students now and days either dont go to school enough or were not taught correctly how to write for a college course and many fail their first writing courses. The first year course is used to teach you how to write mostly essays correctly, like argumentative and informational essays using info or readings to support your points and or argument. It is also used to correct any bad habits from lack of high school  training with grammar, and punctuation and so forth. Also the first year lets you know what kind of writer you are if not already known, you write a array of papers from nature to medical if chosen.

This semester i just went through was alot better than the first course i had taken, for me i learned what kind of writer i am. along with my strengths and weaknesses as a writer. Not surprisingly i realized i am a informational writer based on info i can make a point and explain it well, along with being able to get my point across. my best papers were analyzing stories, essays, and opinions and breaking down their meanings. along with argumentative essays i find to be a strength.

But this Class also pointed out my weaknesses, for me i learned my grammar and form of writing was very faulty. it could be due to high school not preparing me but regardless those are large weak points. Also i have found i am not a creative writer, i cannot do poetry and nature writings with lots of descriptions and personifications my imagination does not allow it. I believe to be a realist and reality is were i do my best work. the class overall was a challenge but as well as enjoyable. i was able to enjoy most of the writing assigned and understand what needed to be done. but there is no mistake the course gives a challenge if your are not prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment